Friday, June 08, 2007

My OS and 3D Graphics (not related)

I was talking to a fellow devver on AIM this morning, and he asked to see my OS GUI, which of course I agreed to. I'm going to post it here so I can look back in a year's time and see how far I've come (click to see it in full size, it's 800x600):



The cursor you can see is the one in my OS, and the wallpaper is that of a fave band of mine. So far so good, I'm going to rewrite my window manager because at the moment it crashes. Once done, I can post the image of windows in my OS here.

Anyway, other than that, I've been toying with Direct3D, which I was talking about a couple of months ago. After giving up I've decided it's time to try again, and I've succeeded! I can create (and, most importantly, modify) a spinning pyramid! I'm really pleased, and I'm about to texture it, which will make me even more pleased.

In other news, I'm planning on porting Descent 1 to my OS, and once complete it will be the first 'official' game for my OS.

And now, I must go because I need sleep.

No comments: